Wellness Through The Arts
WELLNESS THROUGH THE ARTS offered at Florida Arts and Dance Company is a method of incorporating ballet classes, tap, dancercise, kickdance and techniques of Joseph Pilates for the ultimate mental, physical and spiritual balance.
CLASSICAL BALLET - Vaganova techniques of teaching ballet is a system developed over 400 years ago in Russia. It is best known for the fluidity and carriage of the arms while building strong lean muscles. If you have ever danced or dreamed of dancing - this class is for YOU!
ADULT TAP - Learn a new skill while enjoying a great cardiovascular work out. Burning calories and improving muscle tone and strength too!
DANCERCISE - Want to learn to dance, shape up and lose weight, all at the same time? Learn new moves to great music: Salsa, Swing, Big Band, plus conditioning and toning your body. The work out that doesn't seem like work!
KICKDANCE - An exciting, empowering combination of aerobics, dance, self-defense and martial arts. Fun music, body sculpting and a great work out!
PILATES MAT CLASS
Joint mobility and range of motion
Precision through balance and control
· BS in Business Education, BFA in dance, MS in Education/Dance
· Founder and Executive Director - Florida Arts and Dance Company
· Trained in the Polestar method of neuromuscular fitness conditioning, utilizing the principles of
Joseph H. Pilates
· Co-owner of Balanced BodyWorks in Palm City, Florida
Genevieve La Gratta
· Florida Arts and Dance School Coordinator
· Owner & Director of La Gratta Studios in New Jersey
· Attended Seton Hall University & studied dance in New Jersey & New York
· Member of Dance Educator & Dance Masters of America and has performed in New Jersey & New
· Artistic Director & Choreographer for two award winning high schools in New Jersey
· BA in Dance and a Masters in Physical Therapy
· Pediatric Physical Therapist
· Trained in Polestar Pilates exercise technique
· Experienced dance, fitness educator and mat exercise instructor for Florida Arts and Dance
· Past Director of Dance Education at the Center for the Arts of Stuart
Nancy De Sisto
· 1978-87 Instructor & Coach-Fred Astaire Dance Studios
· 1981-87 World Class competitive Ballroom Dancer
· Winning numerous National Championships & World's Finalist in Smooth & Latin, 3rd in U.S.A. & 9th
in the World.
· Staff's Trainer at the Waist Basket Aerobics Studios in Texas
· 1985-86 she was 5th in the Crystal Light Ladies Aerobics Championships
ADULT CLASS SCHEDULE - 2001-2002
Adult Ballet-Inter M & Th 9:00-10:30am
Pilates II Tues 6:30-7:30pm
Pilates III Wed 9:00-10:00am
Pilates - Beginners Wed 10:00-11:00am
Pilates - All Levels Sat 9:00-10:00am
Adult Tap - Beginners Wed 10:00-11:00am
Adult Tap - Inter Tues 9:30-10:30am
Adult Tap - Advanced Tues 8:30-9:30am
Dancercise Fri 8:30-9:30am
Kickdance Wed 8:30-9:30am
Yearly Registration Fee: $35.00
Single Class Fee: 15.00
Card with 10 Classes: $100.00
(Card may be used for any of the classes listed)
All fees and tuition are non-refundable.
Classes with less than five registered students will be cancelled. Private classes are available.
Arts and Dance Company
57 S.W. Monterey Road Stuart, FL 34994 561-288-4150
Copyright © 2001 LivingToday.tv, Inc. All Rights Reserved.